+ Submit your article here

Endodontists Procedures

4/12/2012 8:50:25 AM | by Anonymous


Endodontists are dental specialists for caring and treating of dental pulp, tooth root and the surrounding tissues. The branch of science that deals with these procedures is called Endodontics. Proper education and special training are required before a dentist can practice endodontics. Endodontists have to undergo additional 2-3 years post graduate education before they can perform this operation. The two most dental procedures that they perform are pulp capping and root canal treatment.


Endodontists save the tooth and remove dental pains caused by inflammation of the pulp, the soft tissue shaping the tooth’s inner portion containing blood vessels and nerves. The reasons for pulp infection is sever decay that exposes the pulp making it vulnerable to bacteria, repeated dental fillings or loose filling, traumatic injury, crack and faulty crowns to a tooth. When the tooth is infected and causing so much pain, the tooth needs to be extracted or go through either pulp capping or root canal treatment.


In order to determine what endodontic treatment a dental patient should undergo, a dentist has to drill out and see how deep the decay went. If the nerve is not yet reached, pulp capping should be able to treat the damage. Pulp capping is the process of cleaning and covering an exposed pulp allowing it to recover and maintain its vitality. However, if the nerve is severely damaged, the procedure than can be done to a patient other than extraction is root canal treatment. In root canal treatment, the inflamed pulp is removed and thoroughly cleaned. The inside will be sealed with a temporary filling and will be replaced with a permanent crown after it is done.


The process of saving the teeth is another big leap on scientific advancement. Endodontics is a great alternative to tooth extraction and endodontists can give you the best option to resolve dental pains.

Are you sourcing for a product or service?

Do you need a quotation?